Happy New Year! I hope everyone’s new year had started off happy, peaceful, and prosperous.
A few days ago, I did a poll on my Instagram and asked how many people were planning on making New Year’s resolutions. The results were about 53% – 47% in favor of making resolutions. So I decided to make a few resolutions of my own.
My Word for 2019
Before getting into my resolutions, I was reading about how some people pick a word to be a theme for how they hope their year goes. So I thought really hard about it and decided that my word would be “Be”. I want to be determined, be courageous, be focused, and be more secure in the choices and decisions I make. I also want to live more in the moment versus being on social media all the time because social media is not the end all be all.
New Year’s Resolutions
1) Get back in shape. Although I am 10 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight, I would still like to lose about 25-30 pounds. I definitely want to take it slow since I did give birth pretty recently, I still want to focus most of my attention on S and I don’t want to hurt my breastmilk supply. I’ve been doing some research on the food plan that I want to do and will be sharing it on the blog soon.
2) Purge all the stuff we don’t use/need and give more to charity. There is so much stuff currently sitting around my house that I haven’t seen or touched in well over a year. I think it’s about time to give those things to someone who will appreciate them more. I am also over having a lot of stuff that my family does not use or need.
3) Stop finding excuses that prevent me from writing more and grow my blog’s audience. I’m always finding a reason to not write even though I love doing it. I can’t tell you how many times I have started Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) and not complete a story due to excuses. I will take time out of my day just to sit down and write whatever comes to mind. Maybe this will help me keep up with the blog and post on a more regular basis. Hopefully this will help my blog’s audience grow.
4) Focus on my mental health/take care of myself more. I want to be more active versus reactive in terms of my mental health this year and and in the years to come. The first few weeks after I gave birth were rough. I was trying to feed and take care of a new baby in addition to trying to heal from childbirth. Although things have gotten better, I know that postpartum depression can occur up to a year after childbirth and I want to be prepared if that happens. Plus it never hurts to talk to someone about things you are going through in general.
5) Get my driver’s license. I have a lot of anxiety about driving a car but it’s time that I figure out a way to move pass it especially since we have a newborn in the house now.
Have you created any New Year’s resolutions? If so, what are they?